How can I get rid of my love handles?
How can I get rid of my stomach fat?
May people aske these questions especially after diet and exercise leave you frustrated with remaining fat bulges.
Liposuction will remove the MOST fat in any area, and is idea for larger areas of fat. For the person who is close to their ideal weight, Coosculpting may be a better procedure. Smaller fat bulges can be treated with Coosculpting to freeze fat cells an kill them. After 2-6 months, the fat cells are naturally removed by the body, and the treated areas have a natural looking decreased volume.
Liposuction involves surgery, anesthesia, and down time. Liposuction also has risks. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgery website, the following complications are possible;
- Uneven contours
- Rippling or loose skin
- Skin or nerve damage
- Irregular pigmentation
- Fat clots
- Blood clots
- Excessive fluid loss or fluid accumulation
- Unfavorable scarring
- Thermal burn or heat injury from ultrasound with the ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty technique
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Change in skin sensation
- Skin discoloration or swelling
- Pain, which may persist
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles, lungs, and abdominal organs
- Poor wound healing
- Persistent swelling in the legs
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possibility of revisional surgery
For those patients with small fat bulges, cryolipolysis or Coolsculpting may be a better choice.